Friday, March 29, 2013

Chammandi Podi and My School days.

Yes ,my school days ....one of the best and memorable times of my life.
and what is the connection between those days and this chammanthi podi...??????????It was a regular item in my lunch box. When I opened the lunch box, the flavour of the chammanthi podi mixed with the hot rice...spreaded in the class..
Whenever I have a chance to have it, my old school memories and my loving friends come to me...

I miss and wish I could go back...................

Okay let's go to the topic:





Ingredients :
  1. Coconut Grated : 1 Cup
  2. Red Chillies : 15-20 no.s
  3. Coriander Seeds : 2 tsp
  4. Pearl onions : 5-10
  5. Curry Leaves : 3-4 springs
  6. Tamarind :  half of a  lemon size
  7. Black Pepper Corns : 1/2 tsp
  8. Urad dal : 2tsp
  9. Salt




Method :
  • Roast all the ingredients except tamarind and salt in a kadai.
  • Stir continuously in medium flame until getting a dark brown colour 
  • Switch off the flame and allow it to cool
  • Combine the salt and tamarind with the mixture.
  • Grind it into a smooth powder and store in an airtight container...
I am sending this tasty chammandi podi to the Cookalong event of Kerala Kitchen hosted by Nags of Edible Garden


3 comments :