Boiled Eggs cooked in a spicy masala .This Kerala special dish is usually served with Appam and Idiyappam. I make this atleast once in a week.
Here's the recipe:
- Hard Boiled Eggs : 3
- Onions : 2 large/3 small
- Ginger Garlic Paste : 1/2 tsp
- Tomato : 1/2 of a big one/ 1 small
- Green Chillies : 2-3
- Curry Leaves : 2-3 springs
- Red Chilly Powder : 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Fennel Powder : 3/4 tsp
- Salt : As required
- Coconut Oil
- Heat oil in a pan
- Saute Onions, Green Chillies and Curry leaves together.
- When the onions are sauted well, add ginger garlic paste and saute again(2-3 minutes)
- Now add tomato and stir again until the tomato is completely mixed with the masala.
- Add all the powders ,salt and saute again(low flame)
- Mix the masala with 1/4 cup of water and put the eggs in it.
- Boil the curry (high flame)till it thickens and the eggs are coated well with the gravy.
- Finally put some curry leaves and a pinch of fennel powder on top of the curry and close the pan.